Capturing the screen of the desktop is important because it allows people to share what is exactly on their screen. This can be a funny conversation with a friend, an unfamiliar notification which pop-up on the screen of the computer, or perhaps, a screenshot shows how to use a tool. With this, it will be easy for people to explain things which are really hard to express without the help of visual aids. Actually, there are different ways to capture desktop screen. Users can make use of the default way or by using third party tools.
Way 1: The Default Way – Using the Keyboard
1. Windows 7 – As for Windows 7 users, you can make use of the “Prnt Scr” key to make an entire desktop screen capture in the computer. Furthermore, if in case you just want to capture a single window, just simply press “Alt + Prnt Scr” together. Note that you will not get any notification that a screenshot is taken. Once you press on the key/s, images will be temporarily copied on clipboard. You can just paste the image in an editing board for you to edit and or save it in the computer.
2. Windows 8 – If you are using Windows 8, you can work it out in the same way as instructed for Windows 7. However, there is just another way added. If you just want a full screenshot but need to generate the image file automatically be saved on the “My Pictures” folder, just simply press the key combination of “Win” and “Prt Scr”.
3. Mac – As for Mac users, there are four (4) ways on how to capture your desktop screen. First off, press on “Cmd + Shift + 3” keys together to capture the entire Mac screen. A camera shutter tone will be heard once the screenshot is done. Additionally, press on “Cmd + Shift + 4” and then hit the “Spacebar” to capture an active window. Also, Capturing a portion of the screen is just so easy. Simply key in the “Cmd + Shift + 4” keys at the same time. Captured image will be saved on the desktop of the Mac PC. However, if you want to have the screenshot be edited first before saving, press the “Cmd + Control + Shift + 3” keys. This will allow users to copy the entire screen on the clipboard. And then you can forward to a free Mac image editor like Paintbrush to touch up your screenshot.
Way 2: The Pro Way – Using Free Online Screenshot
This is an online third party tool where users can capture any part of their screen freely. This tool does not require users to install anything on their computer. Actually, you don’t need to memorize all those key shortcuts using the keyboard. Furthermore, this can help you save time as it is jump-packed with features that users might need. Moreover, there are also editing options that appear together with the captured image allowing them to add texts, highlights, shapes and more. This tool also lets somebody to upload them in the free Cloud storage provided by the site and share their captured images in different social media sites and apart from that .
To know how to capture screen on desktop using this free tool, follow the steps below:
- Go to screenshot.net.
- Click on “Take Screenshot” button and run the tool in your computer. Note that you need to activate your Java plug-in.
- Once the tool appears on your screen, click on the camera icon and cross-hairs will appear.
- Drag an area you want to capture and release the mouse to take a screenshot.
- The screenshot will appear together with the editing options. Edit the image the way you want it to be.
- Upload the image on the free Cloud storage or share it online clicking on the Cloud icon on the vertical bar by the side of your screenshot.
This tool also has a desktop version which has more functions which contain various screenshot modes, automatic screenshot, as well as recording screen. you can download it now to enjoy all those advantages.
Way 3: The Specific Way – Using Webpage Screenshot Capture
If you just want to capture a webpage in your desktop, you may use Webpage Screenshot Capture tool. Just like the first one, this is free, safe and easy to use. You can also share images over social media sites or save them in the free Cloud storage. Not only that, this tool also allows users to edit images online.
To capture a webpage instantly, follow the steps below:
- Copy the link of the webpage you want to capture.
- Paste the link in the above URL box found on the page.
- Click on “Take Screenshot” button and wait for few seconds for the image to appear.
- Save the image in the Cloud space provided or preserve it to local drive.
Those are the different ways on how to screen capture on desktop. You can now easily capture anything on your screen with the help of different ways provided. You can screenshot a part of your screen, the entire screen, a single window, or even a whole webpage instantly.