imo is a clean and easy-to-use app that allows you to have free video calls and chat with friends. It’s applicable on both Android and iPhone. Sometimes, you may want to record imo video calls to keep happy moments, funny conversations or important video conferences for later reviewing. In this case, this article comes up with several methods to record those calls on both iPhone and Android. And all methods require no jailbreaking or rooting.
I. Record Video Call on iOS Device
1. Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder
This tool is especially designed for recording the screen of iOS devices. It is a desktop application which mirrors the iOS device’s screen to PC/Mac wirelessly and offers a recording option for you to capture the mirrored screen as videos. Aside from that, you can even set video format (MP4, WMV, AVI, GIF, etc.), audio input (system sound, microphone or both), video quality and output directory for the recordings.
Follow the steps below to learn how to record imo video call on iPhone with this tool.
- Download, install and open this program on your computer.
- Set your computer and iPhone in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone to bring up the Control Center and tap on the “AirPlay” button. Then, the “AirPlay” list will show up. Now, choose your computer name and turn on the “Mirroring” button.
- After that, your iPhone screen will be immediately projected to the computer. You can now make an imo video call.
- To start recording, just click the red button which is located on the top left of the mirrored screen.
- To finish the imo video call recording, just click the red stop button. A window will appear with the recorded video selected in it.
Tips: If you want to take quick screenshots in imo, just click the camera icon above the projected screen. And the screenshots will be saved to the same directory with the videos.
Shou.TV is an app that allows you to record screen on iPhone directly. However, it’s not available on Apple store. If you want to record imo video call directly, you need to firstly install another app store called Emu4iOS on your iPhone. And then, install this recorder from that app store. It also requires no jailbreak, but there will be a red banner on the top of the screen all the time during recording. The red banner means the recording is ongoing, and it will be recorded into the video.
II. Record Video Call on Android
1. Apowersoft Screen Recorder
This is a free app for Android phones and acts as a great imo video call recorder. It’s able to record any activities and audio directly on your Android phone. What’s more, you can even customize the bitrate, frame rate and resolution for the recordings. Another advantage this app provides is an overlay icon which floats on the screen all the time so that you can quickly start recording in any other apps.
The steps of using it to capture imo video calls are very simple. Check them out below.
- Install and open this app on your Android phone.
- Go to imo app and make a video call.
- Tap on the overlay icon and choose the top record icon to start recording.
- To end the recording, just tap on the overlay icon and choose the top stop icon. After that, your video call recording will be shown in the recording list of this app.
2. ADV Screen Recorder
It is another alternative to record imo video calls on Android phones. It’s able to record anything with audio on Android phones. Like Apowersoft Screen Recorder, this app also allows you to customize resolution, bitrate and frame rate for the recordings. However, it requires you to tap on the time area to stop recording, which sometimes doesn’t work well.
Those are the ways to capture imo video calls on both iPhone and Android. All of them are easy to use. You can choose any one depending on your needs.