Viber was initially a messaging application for smartphones, but it also developed its desktop version for Windows and Mac OS X in 2013. There must be times that you need to record Viber video calls. Recording Viber calls enables you to keep records of important video conferences, save interesting video calls with friends or store how-to tutorials for later watching. You may use desktop screen recorders to capture Viber calls on computer, but do you know how to record Viber calls on smartphones? If not, read this article and learn how to do it on both iPhone and Android.
I. Capture Viber Calls on iPhone
Apple Store doesn’t approve for any apps that can directly record the screen of iPhone, and Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder provides a fresh new way to capture iPhone screen. This application is a desktop tool for both Windows and Mac. It uses AirPlay to mirror iPhone screen to PC screen and also offers a button for you to record your mirrored iPhone screen directly. What’s more, you can also customize the video format (MP4, WMV, AVI, GIF, etc.), resolution, video quality and audio input (system sound, microphone or both) for the recordings.
You can follow the steps below to learn how to record Viber calls on iPhone with this tool.
- Download, install and launch this application on your computer.
- Set your iPhone and computer in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone to open Control Center. Tap on “AirPlay”, choose your computer name on the AirPlay list and turn on the “Mirroring” option.
- After that, your iPhone screen will be immediately projected to the computer and the audio of your iPhone will also be synced.
- You can now start a Viber call on your iPhone and click the round red button on the top left of the projected screen to start recording.
- To finish recording, just tap on the red stop button located on the top left of the mirrored screen. Then, a window will pop up with your recording in it. Alternatively, you can manually find it by checking the output directory in the “Options” of this Viber call recorder.
II. Grab Viber Calls on Android
1. Apowersoft Screen Recorder
There are many apps you can use to record Viber calls if you have an Android phone. But among them, Apowersoft Screen Recorder is the optimal choice. It is free and comes with a variety of useful functions. It allows you to directly record any activities with microphone audio on your Android device. You can also customize the resolution, frame rate, bitrate for the videos. In the recording list, you’re able to rename the videos and share them via other apps on your phone.
Here is the guide for you to use this app to capture a Viber call.
- Download and install this app on your Android phone.
- Open it, and an overlay icon will show up, which makes it convenient for you to control the recording. You can also turn it off in the “Settings” of this app.
- Then, go to Viber and make a video call. In the meanwhile, tap on the overlay icon and choose the top recording button to start recording.
- To end the recording, just tap on the overlay icon and choose the stop button. You can find the video in the recording list within this screen recorder app.
That’s how to record Viber calls with Apowersoft Screen Recorder. And if you want to take a screenshot in Viber, you just simply tap on the overlay icon and choose the second camera button. The screenshot will be saved to the Gallery app.
2. AZ Screen Recorder
This is another Android screen recorder for you to capture Viber calls. It has the simplest interface but with powerful recording ability. Once it’s installed on your phone, open it. Then, four buttons will show up and keep staying on the screen. Now, you can go to Viber and start a video call. To start recording, just tap on the left red button. To stop recording, you need to pull down the notification tray and tap the “Stop” button. Most functions of this app are free, but some are paid items, such as the camera recording and video trimming functions.
Those are the ways on how to record Viber calls on Android and iPhone. All of them are feasible and easy to use. You can choose any one that suits you.