Android Lollipop is a major version of Android OS, which comprises versions between 5.0 and 5.1.1. As we all know that screenshots are quite common in our daily life, because they can show others exactly the things on your screen and record your great achievements in games you like. Some people are still not sure how to take screenshot with Lollipop. So, this article will tell you how to screenshot on Android Lollipop in several ways.
Ways to Screenshot on Lollipop
1. Apowersoft Screenshot
This is a great screenshot app made for Android devices. It allows you to take screenshot without rooting your phone. Despite that, it also comes with a built-in browser for you to take webpage screenshots. Other than that, you can also edit screenshots with its image editor upon the creation of the screenshot. You can cut out unwanted parts on the screenshot, add lines, arrows and texts to it, or cover private info with mosaics. As a streamline process, it also lets you upload images on free cloud space. It’s an ideal tool to screenshot Lollipop.
Here is the guide for you to use this app.
- Download and install this app on your phone.
- Open it and tap the “Start” button on its starter interface. Tap “OK” when a tip box pops up.
- Display what you want to capture on the screen. Press and hold the “Power” + “Volume down” buttons (or “Power” + “Home” buttons) at the same time until you see a flash on the screen.
- After that, the screenshot will be automatically loaded into the image editor of this app. There you can annotate it with the drawing tool at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, tap “Done” > “Save” to keep the screenshot on your phone. Alternatively, you can also upload it to the cloud space provided by the developer. You will receive a link to it. You may also embed the screenshot in forums via the given link.
Tips: If you want to save the screenshot to a specific folder, you need to do some settings first. Tap the “More” icon which locates on the top right of its starter interface. Choose “Settings” > “Image save path” and choose a folder. After that, the screenshots you save next time will directly go to the folder you set.
2. Default Key Combo for Creating Screenshots
To screenshot Android 5.0 or higher, you just need to press the “Power” and the “Volume down” keys simultaneously. Alternatively, you may press the “Power” and “Home” buttons at the same time. Once you see a flash on the screen, it means you have taken a screenshot successfully. You can find it in the “Screenshots” folder under “Gallery”. However, you can only get a full screen shot without annotations.
3. Alternative Apps
There are also other apps for you to screenshot in Lollipop. Here are two apps letting you do that.
This app allows you to take screenshot in various methods: tap overlay icon, shake, audio input, long click the search hardware button and so on. Besides taking screenshot, this app also provides an image editor which allows you to annotate the screenshot, share it or upload it to Imgur. But you have to root your phone to enjoy all its advantages.
This screenshot app is a free, light-weight and simple tool for taking screenshot on Android devices. It doesn’t require rooting your phone. It allows you to take a screenshot by using the default way and edit it in the image editor of this app. The screenshots taken with this tool will be saved to the SD card.
After reading this post, you must be quite clear how to take a screenshot on Android Lollipop. It is highly recommended that you use Apowersoft Screenshot, because it doesn’t require rooting and provides a cool image editor and free cloud space.