Aside from smartphones, Android tablets are considered to be one of the hottest commodities right now. Each year, millions of them are being sold worldwide while specifications as well as features changes in line with the current trend of technology. From bedazzling touchscreen displays to super sensitive sensors, what’s in today might not be cool tomorrow. But beyond these changes, some of its feature seems to be improving rather than changing such as how to take a screenshot on a tablet.
Taking a screenshot on Android tablet is very important if you want to save a game score or capture images on restricted websites. Additionally, you can use it when creating demos or tutorials, confirming a technical problem on your tablet and many more. Luckily, there are many ways on how to easily take a screenshot on any Android tablet. From the default method to recommended applications, discover them all by reading this article.
Recommended Ways to screenshot tablet
1. Using Apowersoft Screenshot
This app is especially designed for taking screenshots on any Android devices. It is free and allows you to capture anything on the screen without rooting your tablet. What’s more, this app comes with a built-in browser which is for you to capture a region, visible contents or even a full webpage. Aside from that, this app also enables you to edit any screenshots and images on your tablet. You can add lines, arrows, texts, mosaics and more to the graph. Follow the steps below to take a screenshot on Android tablet with this app.
- Download and install this app on your Android tablet.
- Open it and tap the “Start” icon on the starter interface. Press “OK” when a screenshot tip box pops up.
- Go to the app you want to snapshot and press the “Power” + “Volume down” keys at the same time, or press the “Power” + “Home” buttons simultaneously on Samsung tablets.
- The screenshot will then be loaded in the image editor of this screenshot app. Utilize the annotation options as you like before saving it.
- Tap on “Done”, you will be given options to save the screenshot on the tablet or upload it to free cloud space provided by the developer. If you choose to save the screenshot on your tablet, you can find it in the “Apowersoft Screenshot” folder under Gallery.
2. Default Android Technique
If you don’t want to install additional programs on your gadget, the easiest way to screenshot tablet is to use the device’s “Power” button and “Volume down/Home” keys. This method works with most Android tablets as well as smartphones regardless of the manufacturer. What makes this technique attractive is that it doesn’t require special hardware or additional programs. Additionally, it is very easy to carry out, you can follow the steps below.
- Prepare the app or part of the screen you want to capture.
- Simultaneously press the Power button and Volume down key of your tablet.
- Wait until you hear a snap sound along with the quick white flash on the screen.
Although using this technique requires no special skill or application, one cannot directly specify or adjust which part of the screen to capture. Users are likewise limited when it comes to editing and sharing options.
3. Using Phone Manager
Another way to screenshot your Android tablet is through the use of Apowersoft Phone Manager. This software is a one-stop phone management app that works with both iOS and Android gadgets. It can be used to transfer files from tablet/phone to PC and vice versa, manage all multimedia contents, backup data and restore it at later time. Utilizing it, you can project your tablet screen on PC in real time and take screenshots with just one click.
To know how to take screenshot on tablet using Apowersoft Phone Manager, simply follow the steps below:
- Download and install the application on your computer
- Turn on USB debugging mode and connect your tablet to PC via USB.
- On the main interface, you will see a camera icon which locates below your device.
- Then click this screenshot icon when you’re ready to take a screenshot on your tablet.
Alternative Way of Using Root-required App
Made by Ice Cold Apps and with over 5 million installs, Screenshot Easy is a lightweight mobile app compatible with Android devices running 2.1 and up. This tool can take screenshots using various triggers such as the camera icon, physical buttons, shaking the tablet etc. Using this tool to screenshot on tablet is very simple, simply install the program on your device, toggle the settings button and adjust “Settings” accordingly. Then click the “Start capture” to initiate screenshot. After which you can now edit the captured image or share/send it to different platforms.
Aside from the fact that you can capture selected or full parts of your tablet screen, you can likewise screenshot your widgets, notification bar, clock and all others. Although, full features of this software can only be enjoyed by rooted Android users and those running 4.0 versions and up.
There are many ways on how to screenshot on Android tablet. For basic users utilizing the default Android method should usually suffice. But for those looking for a more comprehensive way of taking screenshots, it is highly recommended to use Apowersoft Screenshot.