Creating screenshots is much essential for sharing data relating to your computer. It could be a data of something or could be to illustrate an entire procedure. Also, if you see any Flash content in the internet that is useful, you would not be able to capture it and the only option you would be having is to capture a screenshot. Taking screenshots in iMac is super easy and you can do it by pressing a few keys together.
- #1 Solution – Print Screen by Keyboard Shortcuts
- #2 Solution – Using Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
- #3 Solution – Using Mac Grab
1st Step: Open the screen that you want to capture a screenshot of.
2nd Step: Press “Command-Shift-3” and this would capture the content that is visible on the screen at that moment.
3rd Step: Press the “Command-Shift-4” button followed by the Spacebar. The cursor gets changed into camera and you can move the window over the region you wish to capture. Once you have placed the window over the region you wish to capture, click the mouse. The image gets captured.
4th Step: Press and hold the “Control” button and then press “Command-Shift-3” or “Command-Shift-4” button. This will capture screenshot on iMac and it would be copied to the clipboard. You can now paste the screenshot to wherever you wish. If you do not press and hold the “Control” key, the screenshot automatically gets saved to your Desktop.
This is the default way to take screenshot on Apple computers.
However, the options and features provided by keyboard shortcuts are limited and if you need to increase the features, you might have to install a third party app. There is an app for Mac called the Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. It not only lets you make iMac screenshot, but also add annotations to these images. Also, they can be uploaded easily within the app, while you will receive a link the moment you upload an image.
Here’s the guide for you to go through using this app.
1) Grab an installation package of this program from the above button then run it according to the wizard.
2) When it’s done, run this app on your iMac. When the starter interface appears, you can press screenshot hotkey as instructed to activate the snapshot. Depending on your need, you may also click “Regional screenshot” from the drop-down menu.
3) You could see your cursor turns into a cross-hair, now you can use it to drag along a portion on your screen and release the mouse to confirm your snapshot on iMac.
4) You will see toolbars come along with your snapshot. You can then polish or annotate the image with options presented on the horizontal bar as illustrated:
5) When you’re done, just hit the disk icon on vertical bar to save your image file, or click the Cloud icon to upload it to the free web space provided by the developer.
You can also make use of an application called Grab in OS X to capture screenshots. This will allow you to have a shortcut and you click on the Capture button present in the shortcuts to capture a screenshot of the region you want to. Although the options are slightly more advanced, it would be convenient to use once you get used to it. There are multiple selection options available, such as Window, Screen, Selection and Timed Screen.
Follow the below mentioned steps to easily capture screenshot on iMac using Grab:
1) Access Grab in the “Utilities” folder under “Applications”.
2) Open the application and click on the scissor/pen icon located on the top.
3) You can choose from regional or full screenshot mode that is available in the drop-down list.
4) The screenshot gets captured and you can now edit the screenshot to add text, arrows or anything else.
5) The screenshot can easily be uploaded to the free cloud space or you also have an option to save the captured screenshot in a local destination in your Mac.