OS X El Capitan is the latest operating system on Mac in 2015. It has added a lot of new and useful features. Applications like Photos, Safari, and Maps are improved a lot. It even allows you to run two applications in full screen at the same time. Wanna show others these cool features? If so, taking screenshot of them is the best choice. Moreover, screenshots can also help you to tell others how to use a program or to ask for help when you come across a bug. Therefore, here are some solutions to how to screenshot on Mac OS X El Capitan.
Easy Ways to Capture Screen on Mac OS X El Capitan
1. Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
This program is a very handy screenshot tool for Mac OS X El Capitan. It is capable of capturing full screen, a particular region or an active window with just a few clicks. What’s more, you will get instant image annotation tools the moment you create a screenshot. You can add lines, arrows and texts to highlight or illustrate important parts on the screenshot. Another advantage of this application is that it enables you to copy or upload the screenshot directly after editing.
Here are the steps for you to print screen on Mac OS X El Capitan with this tool.
- First of all, download and install this application.
- Run this tool and make some settings in the “Options” first. You can choose hotkeys for capturing screen, the directory for saving the screenshot and the image format (JPG, PNG, etc.).
- Then, display what you want to capture on the screen.
- Click the “Regional screenshot”. After that, your mouse cursor will turn into a blue crosshair. Click, hold and drag your mouse to select a region, release the mouse to confirm the screenshot.
- Two toolbars will come out, with which you can add lines, circles and texts to the screenshot.
- Click the “Save” button to keep the screenshot on your Mac as an image file. You can find it in the folder where you preset in the “Options”.
2. Default Screenshot Key Combinations on Mac
Mac offers keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots. It is the same when taking screenshot on Mac OS X El Capitan.
To capture the full screen, you just need to press “Command + Shift + 3” simultaneously.
To snapshot a region, press the “Command + Shift + 4” keys and drag your mouse to snapshot a region.
To capture a window, press “Command + Shift + 4” and then hit the space bar. Your mouse cursor will turn into a small camera icon. Move it on a window and click it to capture it.
All the screenshots taken this way will be automatically saved to the desktop in PNG format.
This tool is another great tool that helps you to snapshot on Mac OS X El Capitan. It’s developed by Evernote. With this program, you can capture anything on the screen and edit it instantly. It offers annotation options like arrow, pen, and mosaic. You can also upload the screenshot to your Evernote account.
Snagit is a powerful tool you use to print screen on Mac OS X El Capitan. You can not only capture the visible things on the screenshot, but also all contents in scrolling windows. Its image editor is also robust with various editing tools. Apart from that, you can also record screen with this program. But you must pay about $50 to enjoy all its functions, and pay another $25 for each upgrade.
Now, you must know how to take a screenshot on Mac OS X El Capitan. And it’s highly recommended that you use Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. Other than taking screenshot of anything on the screen, it also provides instant annotation options. What’s more, you can upload the screenshot to the free cloud and use its links to embed the screenshot in forums. Click the button below to give it a shot.