Snapchat, developed by Reggie Brown and Evan Spiegel in 2011, is a well-received photo and video sharing service that can be used on Android and iOS devices. It has shown remarkable growth within a few years. By May in 2014, Snapchat users were uploading over 700 million photos and videos everyday. What makes it different from others is that people can make their photos viewable for only a certain period of time and remove them after that. This in turn, unfortunately becomes a hassle for those who want to save and store the funny snaps in their gallery. What’s more, Snapchat doesn’t support saving received messages (photos and videos), there exists many possible ways to take screenshot on Snapchat.
I. Screenshot on iPhone
To take screenshot of Snapchat without the sender knowing, you can use Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder. It’s a desktop application that can mirror your iPhone screen to PC/Mac via AirPlay and provides an option for you to take screenshot. And the screenshot will be automatically saved to your local file in PNG format. What’s more, this tool also has a recording function which is very useful if you want to save some Snapchat videos.
Here are the steps of using it to screenshot Snapchat.
- Download, install and open this tool on your computer.
- Set your iPhone and your computer in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen and tap on the “AirPlay” button. Then, tap on your computer name and turn on the “Mirroring” option on the AirPlay list. After that, your iPhone screen will be immediately projected to your computer.
- Go to Snapchat on your phone and open a picture.
- Before it expires, click the camera icon above the mirrored screen on the computer. A window will pop up with the screenshot in it. And there will be no screenshot notification.
Tips: To save Snapchat videos, just open the video on your iPhone, and then, click the red record button on the top left of the projected screen. To stop recording, just hit the red stop button. The videos will be saved to the same file with screenshots.
II. Screen Capture on Android
1. Apowersoft Screenshot
To take screenshot in Snapchat secretly, you can use a screenshot tool called Apowersoft Screenshot. This app is a free screenshot tool for Android users. It offers two ways to take screenshot on your Android screen. One is using the screenshot key combo of “Power” + “Volume down/Home” buttons. The other one is using its overlay icon which is only for Android 5.0 and higher. And with this overlay icon, you can capture screen in Snapchat without the senders knowing. Aside from taking screenshot, it also allows you to edit images. You can crop, annotate with texts, lines, arrows, mosaics, etc. Once you’re done with editing, you can share the image instantly within the editor.
Here are the detailed steps of using it to take screenshot in Snapchat without notifying the sender.
- Download and install this app on your Android phone.
- Open it, tap on the “Start” icon on its starter interface and enable the “Overlay icon” (only for Android 5.0 and higher). Once it’s enabled, you will see a blue camera icon floating on the screen.
- Go to your Snapchat, display what you want to capture on the screen before it expires. Tap on the blue overlay icon, and the screenshot is taken.
- Then, you will see a preview of the Snapchat screenshot in the screenshot tool’s image editor. Here you can edit it as you like.
- Lastly, tap on “Done” > “Save” on the top left to keep the screenshot on your phone.
2. Another app for Android
SaveMySnaps is another tool for Android users to take Snapchat screenshot. It’s not available on Google Play but you can download it from its own official page. with this app, you can save snaps and stories on Snapchat. And the senders will not know that you’ve saved his/her pictures or videos. Apart from that, you can also share saved stories and snaps, apply custom fonts on captions and add filters and drawings.
Tips: In an event that you want to share your captured screenshot online, then the best way to do it is by utilizing a program called Free Image Uploader. This tool will help you upload and share pictures easily without any registration required. Plus you can also add annotation to a screenshot with its image editor.
Warning: Please be noticed those methods are only for personal uses and do not support any illegal activities.