The WhatsApp Messenger is a well-known instant messaging application for smart phones, which is recently acquired by Facebook Inc. However, despite of having a lot of users, many of them are still having a hard time in thinking of how to take screenshot in WhatsApp. Taking a screenshot is important because it lets users to save a certain conversation in their smart phone rather than copying and pasting it as a note. In addition to that, people will be able to share the taken screenshot of conversation among their friends easily. Below are three different ways to screenshot on WhatsApp application for Android and iOS users.
I. Take WhatsApp Screenshot on iPhone
1. Using Advanced Tool
One of the methods to screenshot WhatsApp on iPhone is by using Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder. This tool acts as an AirPlay receiver, mirrors your iPhone screen to the computer and offers functions of taking screenshot and recording screen. Mirroring iPhone screen to the computer enables you to have a better visual experience. With this tool, you can take a screenshot of your iPhone with just one click. The screenshot will be automatically saved to your local disk in PNG format. Then, you can edit the screenshot on your computer and share it with your friends instantly.
Let’s see the detailed steps of using this tool to screen capture WhatsApp on iPhone.
- First of all, you need to download, install and open this program on your computer.
- Set your iPhone and computer in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone screen to open the Control Center and tap on the “AirPlay” button. Then, the AirPlay list will show up. Now, tap on your computer name and turn on the “Mirroring” option. After that, your iPhone screen will be immediately projected to the computer.
- Go to WhatsApp and display what you want to screenshot.
- To take a WhatsApp screenshot, just click the camera icon above the projected screen on computer. And a window will pop up with the screenshot selected in it. You can also change the output directory in this tool’s settings.
Tips: If you want to record the iPhone screen, you just need to click the red recording button located on the top left of the mirrored screen. The videos will be saved to the same directory like the screenshots.
2. Using iOS Default Way
This function is incorporated in almost iPhone device from the 3G model to the latest iPhone 6s. You just need to press the “Power” + “Home” buttons at the same time. There will be a flash on the screen indicating that the screenshot is successfully taken. Using this method, you can screenshot WhatsApp conveniently at anytime you want. Moreover, user can also insert or share the captured screenshot on emails or different social media sites by accessing it from the phone’s Photos app.
II. Screen Capture WhatsApp on Android
1. Using Apowersoft Screenshot
This is a free app especially designed for taking screenshot of anything on all Android devices. Apart from taking screenshot, you can also use it to edit images saved on your phone. This app allows you to crop the image and annotate it with lines, arrows, texts, mosaics and more. What’s more, when you’ve finished editing, you can directly share the image via other apps on your phone or upload it to the free cloud space provided by the developer. Here are the steps for you to screenshot WhatsApp with this tool.
- Tap the button below to download and install this app on your phone.
- Open this app and tap on the “Start” button to activate the screenshot.
- Go to WhatsApp, display what you want to screenshot on the screen. Press the overlay icon or press the “Power” + “Volume down/Home” buttons at the same time
- Then, the screenshot will appear in the image editor of this screenshot app. Annotate it with the drawing tools at the bottom.
- Tap on “Done” > “Save” to store the images on your phone. You can find it in a folder named “Apowersoft Screenshot” under Gallery.
2. Using Android Default Way
Just like iPhone, Android phones also have default way in taking a screenshot. Usually, on Samsung phones, you just need to press the “Power” + “Home” buttons at the same time for 2 seconds. While on other brand phones like LG, Nexus and Motorola, you need to press the “Power” + “Volume down” buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. There will be a flash on the screen, which means the screenshot is taken. You can find the image in the Screenshots folder under Gallery app.
Those are the ways to screenshot WhatsApp on iPhone and Android. You can use the default way to capture WhatsApp snapshots on your phone. But if you want more options like image editing, you can use the third-party tools introduced above.