Taking a screenshot in Windows 8 is very important to users because it allows them to capture anything on their computer’s screen for different purposes like making a tool demonstration or tutorial. Aside from this, taking a screenshot of the computer screen allows people to capture important or funny messages which can be shared online or with other people. Actually, Windows 8 has a built in snipping tool which can be used to take a screenshot.
Windows 8 Snipping Tool Review
Windows 8 Snipping Tool is just so easy to use. It allows users to capture anything on the screen, a single window,or the entire screen. In addition to this, this tool has basic editing options which appear once the taking of screenshot is done. Follow the steps below to fully understand how to use this built-in tool.
1. Go to “Search” and type in “Snipping Tool.” Launch the app once you see it.
2. When the Snipping Tool appears, drop down “New” on the interface and choose your desired capture mode (can be “Rectangular Snip” option to capture any part of the screen. Moreover, if you want to screenshot a single window, you may choose on “Window Snip” and for full screen mode, click on the “Full Screen Snip”).
3. The screen will lighten and you can start dragging on the area you want to capture.
4. Release the mouse and the screenshot will appear on the editing board. Make a basic editing of the image if you need to. You can high light the image of mark up important details using the pen icon.
5. Save the image in your computer by clicking on the disc icon found on the upper part of the editing board.
Although this tool can really be a big help to users, there are still some features that this tool do not possess. It’s editing function is very limited and it does not allow users to share the images in social media sites directly.
Snipping Tool Alternatives
Here are some of the Snipping tool alternatives you can use to capture anything on your screen.
Free Online Screenshot
This is a web-based free screenshot tool which does not need any installation in your computer. It as well does not require users to sign up for an account. This online snipping tool is jump-packed with features which are really helpful to users. Aside from producing high quality screenshots, this tool allows users to edit the screenshot taken using it’s built in editing options. Furthermore, it also lets users to upload the image taken in the free Cloud space provided by the site. It also allows them to share images instantly over social media sites.
To use this tool, follow the steps below:
1. Go to screenshot.net and click on”Take Screenshot” button.
2. Wait for the tool to appear on the computer screen. Once it appears, click on the camera icon on the interface of the tool.
3. Drag a part of the screen you want to capture and release the mouse to see the captured image.
4. The image will be locked with the editing options aligned horizontally. Edit the image the way you want it to be.
5. Upload or share the image online by clicking on the icons on the side part of the tool which are aligned vertically.
In addition, this tool also has a pro version for you to use offline. You can download it by clicking the button below.
This alternative snipping tool is also free but it needs installation in the computer. This tool produces quality screenshots and it also has editing options allowing users to add texts, colors, shapes, highlights and more. Aside from that, users can also share the screenshots online. To use this tool, first, download the tool in the TinyTake page, then, install and launch it in your computer. Next, drop down the hidden icons on the lower part of your computer screen and then choose the TinyTake icon. Options in capturing the screen will appear (full screen, part of the screen, or a single window) and then choose your desired option to start taking a screenshot. Drag a part of the screen you want to capture and release the mouse. Last. edit the screenshot on the built-in editing tool and hare it online.
Cobra Snipping Tool
This snipping tool alternative allows users to capture a part of the screen, a single window, or the entire computer screen. Although this produce high quality image as compared with the built-in snipping tool, this tool does not allow users to edit the images or to upload or share it online.
To use this tool, download, install and launch the tool on the Cobra Snipping Tool page. Next, click on”New” or “Full Shot” button to start capturing the screen. Lastly, save the screenshot in your computer by clicking on the “Save” button.
Those are the snipping tool alternatives you can use on Windows 8. These tools provide high quality screenshots and some other helpful features as compared with the Windows 8 snipping tool.